154 College Street
Courses focused towards a career
What are they?
Specialist High Skills Majors let students focus on a career path that matches their skills and interests while meeting the requirements of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Students receive the SHSM seal on their diploma when they:
• complete a specific bundle of 8-10 courses in the student's selected field
• earn valuable industry certifications including first aid and CPR qualifications
• gain important skills on the job through cooperative education placements.
Who are they for?
Grade 11 and 12 students who are:
• heading for apprenticeship training, college, university or the workplace
• wanting to identify, explore and refine their career goals and make informed choices about their next steps after secondary school.
How can they help?
Students have the opportunity to:
• gain important skills on the job with actual employers, at skills training centres and at school
• earn valuable industry certifications, including first aid and CPR qualifications.
For more information regarding SHSM, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Education
© 2019 Sudbury Secondary School
154 College Street, Sudbury ON P3C 4Y2 • PH: (705) 674-7551 FX:(705) 674-5383
All information on this website, including the school logo and photos, is the exclusive property of the school and cannot be reproduced in any way, including electronically, without the express written consent of the school.
For more information, please contact the school Principal.